terms of service
The definitions of the terminology used in these Terms is as follows:
- "We" refers to AtCoder Inc.
- Our "Website" refers to the AtCoder website located at https://atcoder.jp.
- The "Services" refers to all services provided on our Website.
- "User(s)" refers to all persons who use the Services.
- "Member(s)" refers to persons who have agreed to these Terms and have registered as Members in order to access Member services.
- "Personal Information" refers to information such as e-mail addresses, etc. that can identify a specific individual.
Scope and Application of these Terms
Compliance with these Terms
- Users shall become a party to a contract with us in relation to the use of the Services based on these Terms and shall be bound by these Terms. Users shall comply with these Terms in their use of the Services.
Revision to these Terms
- We may revise these Terms for our convenience.
- Unless otherwise specified by us, the revised Terms shall have effect from the time at which they have been posted to our Website.
- When using the Services after the revised Terms have taken effect, Users shall be deemed as having agreed to the revised Terms.
Handling of Personal Information
- Users shall apply to become Members through the prescribed procedures after having agreed to these Terms.
- Those who have applied to become Members (hereinafter referred to as "Applicants") will become Members upon our acceptance of their membership application.
Cancellation of Membership
- Members may cancel their membership through the prescribed procedures.
- Each Member shall keep one account. Members may not keep multiple accounts, and a single account may not be shared between multiple individuals. However, the preceding restrictions shall not apply in special cases for which we have provided our approval.
- In no event shall Members be entitled to transfer or loan their account to a third party.
- We have no involvement in the user environment of Users and assume no responsibility in relation thereto.
Responsibility of Users
- Users shall use the Services on their own responsibility and at their own expense.
- In the event they have caused damage to us in their use of the Services, Users agree that they shall be liable to compensate us for the damage on their own responsibility and at their own expense.
- In the event they have caused damage to other Members and/or third parties, Users agree that they shall be liable to compensate other Members and/ or third parties for the damage on their own responsibility and at their own expense, and shall be liable to hold harmless us from and against any damage suffered by other Members and/or third parties resulting from their use of the Services.
- Users recognize that we have no obligation to store information such as programs, etc. posted by Users using the Services. Accordingly, Users shall take the appropriate measures such as creating back-up copies of information as necessary.
Intellectual Property Rights
- Ownership and copyright associated with the programs submitted by the Users through the Services shall belong to the Users themselves.
- All rights (ownership, intellectual property rights, portrait rights, publicity rights and the like) associated with the text, images, programs and other data, etc. that constitute the Services shall belong to us or the third-party rights holder. However, this shall not apply to those created by Users themselves.
- In case Users have posted the work created by the Users themselves through the Services, the Users shall grant us a license to use such work in our advertising and notification. In this case, Users shall not exercise their moral rights of an author.
Use of Member Information and Registration Information
- We shall be entitled to use the Member information registered by Members when applying for membership for the operation of the Services and any operations related thereto.
- Users shall not engage in the following acts or acts that are likely to correspond to the following acts in their use of the Services:
- Acts contrary to public order and morals;
- Acts in violation of domestic laws and regulations;
- Acts of causing significant detriment to specific or non-specific third parties;
- Acts of filling out false information in the Membership application;
- Acts of damaging or being likely to damage to the Services or the Company;
- Acts of sharing a login ID with others; or
- Other acts that we deem inappropriate.
- If a User have engaged in any of the aforementioned acts, we may revoke the membership of said User without the approval of the User.
Suspension of Use, Shutdown and Transfer of our Website, etc.
- We shall be entitled to temporarily suspend the provision of the Services, etc. without prior notice.
- We shall be entitled to shut down our Website, etc. in whole or in part after having notified Users to that effect if the failure in the equipment used to provide the Services, etc. has occurred due to an act of God including without limitation to fire or lightning, if the need to carry out maintenance or works on the equipment used to provide the Services, etc., has occurred, or if we have otherwise deemed it necessary to temporarily suspend the provision of the Services, etc. for any other compelling reasons.
- However, we shall be entitled to immediately shut down our Website, etc. in whole or in part without notice if there are compelling reasons for the same.
- If we have transferred our Website to a third party, then Users shall act in accordance with the instructions of the transferee.
- We assume no liability for any damage suffered by Users or third parties arising as a result of defects in, temporary interruptions to, the partial deletion of or revision to, or shut down, etc. of our Website.
- We make no warranties as to the legality, completeness, reliability and accuracy of the contents of our Website, information posted by Users, and the services provided by companies linked to information posted by Users.
- We assume no responsibility in relation to any trouble or disputes between Users and third parties in connection with the Services we provide.
- We assume no obligation to provide compensation for any damages arising as a result of delayed or non-delivered e-mails or erroneous display on our Website or the dedicated Members' page, etc. caused by the failure of systems, etc. used to provide the Services.
- We assume no liability to provide compensation for any other damage arising in connection with our Website including, but not limited to, the delay, revision, interruption, suspension, shut down and abolition, etc. arising in relation to our Website or the loss of information provided through our Website.
- We shall be entitled to revise the contents of our Website at any time and for any reason.
Governing Law and Competent Jurisdiction
- The rights and obligations of Users arising in connection with these Terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Japan.
- The Tokyo District Court shall be the court of the first instance with jurisdiction over any litigation arising in connection with these Terms.
- These Terms shall have effect from February 1, 2012.
- These Terms shall also apply to all acts carried out by Users prior to February 1, 2012.