We, AtCoder Inc. (hereinafter referred to as (hereinafter referred to as "we", "our", or "us") respect the privacy of the individuals (hereinafter referred to as "Users") using the Services (hereinafter referred to as the "Services") we provide through the AtCoder website (https://atcoder.jp/; hereinafter referred to as our "Website") and shall pay close attention to the management of Users' personal information.
The Definition of Personal Information
We recognize "Personal Information" as information related to living individuals set forth in the Act on the Protection of Personal Information (name, date of birth and other information that can identify a particular individual) as well as e-mail addresses, user IDs, passwords, places of work, affiliations, work addresses, work phone numbers, age and information about other personal attributes used in conjunction with a particular individual.
Cookies and IP Addresses
Purpose of Use of Personal Information
We will use Users' Personal Information solely for the following purposes:
- To provide the Services as well as guidance and information in relation thereto;
- To customize Services, information on the Service pages and the distribution of advertising based on the age, occupation, gender, hobbies and preferences, etc. of Users;
- To improve the Services, and for the development of new services, etc.;
- To create statistical data about the Services that are processed in a manner so that individuals cannot be identified.
Restrictions on the use of Personal Information
We will handle Personal Information obtained by us within the scope necessary to achieve the aforementioned purposes of use. We will obtain the consent of Users before handling their Personal Information beyond the scope of the purposes of use. Even when we have obtained Personal Information through merger or in any other manner, we will not use such Personal Information beyond the scope of the purposes of use stipulated prior to succeeding to the information without the prior approval of Users. However, these restrictions on the use of Personal Information shall not apply under the following circumstances:
- In the event of the usage of Personal Information based on laws and regulations;
- When use of Personal Information is necessary for the protection of life, body or property and it is difficult to obtain the consent of the relevant individual;
- When use of Personal Information is particularly necessary for the improvement of public health or to promote the healthy development of children, and it is difficult to obtain the consent of the relevant individual; or
- When we are required to cooperate with the duties carried out by national government organs, local governments or parties who have been entrusted with the same pursuant to the provisions set forth in laws and regulations, and obtaining the consent of the relevant individual for the use of their Personal Information would likely hinder the performance of said duties.
Appropriate Acquisition of Personal Information
We will obtain Personal Information through legal and fair means. We will not obtain Personal Information through deception or other fraudulent means.
Disclosure of Personal Information
We will, without delay, respond to requests of Users for the disclosure of their Personal Information. However, we may refuse to disclose a User's personal information to said User in whole or in part under the following circumstances. If we have made the decision not to disclose Personal Information, we will inform the User of the same without delay:
- When disclosing the information may damage the life, body and property of Users or otherwise infringe upon the rights and interests of Users;
- When disclosing the information may significantly interfere with our proper implementation of business; or
- When disclosing the information may violate other laws and regulations.
Corrections, etc. to Personal Information, etc.
Except when special procedures are required pursuant to other laws and regulations, we will make the necessary corrections, additions and/or deletions, etc. (hereinafter referred to as "Corrections, etc.") to a User's Personal Information within a reasonable time after having been requested to do so by said User by reason of said information not being accurate. In this case, we will first make the investigation without delay after verifying the identity of the User seeking Corrections, etc.
Suspension of Use, etc. of Personal Information
We will stop using or erase (hereinafter referred to as "Suspension of Use, etc.") a User's personal information upon the request of said User if we deem there to be reasonable grounds for said request. In this case, we will first make the investigation without delay after verifying the identity of the User seeking Suspension of Use, etc.
We assume no liability in relation to the acquisition of Personal Information by third parties under the following circumstances:
- When Users have revealed Personal Information to third parties using the Services or via other means, or
- When Users can be identified through information, etc. that they have disclosed in the use of the Services
Use of Data
We may create statistical data based on acquired User information that have been processed in a manner so that individuals cannot be identified. We shall be entitled to use said statistical data without limitation.